We occasionally give away free sounds…
Subscribe HERE to be notified of such occasions
But please also know this:
1. The best place for free sounds is…
right in front of your microphone!
I believe every sound editor, every sound designer and every musician should own a field recording setup…
When I was a kid, the only way to access a field recorder was to borrow a Nagra and microphone.
I have recordings I captured on a borrowed Nagra 4.2 that are still useful to me now, 30 years later!
I have recordings I captured on my first portable DAT machine that are still useful to me now, 20 years later!
I have recordings I captured on my first HD recorder that are still useful to me now, 15 years later!
The sooner you start recording your own sounds, the better!
When you make your own recordings you help yourself in multiple ways:
– you learn to record, and gain experience
– you develop an efficient modus operandi and learn from your mistakes
– you capture material that is unique to you
– you capture material that is specifically useful for your projects
– you gain deep memory of every recording you make, because you were there!
– you appreciate how much work is actually involved in researching, recording, editing & creating sound library resources. Free is never free.
You are unique and you are constantly exposed to unique recording opportunities…
2. Your own personal sound library…
is the most important asset you will ever own!